Saturday, April 5, 2008

Caitlin's Surgery

On March 21st, I went in for a laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis. I have been have terrible lower back pain, stomach pains and sharp shooting pains in my upper thighs for quiet sometime. I have tried lots of different things but surgery was the next step. Surgery didn't do has planned. While in surgery the doctor found my right fallopian tube had attached to my intestine and was twisted and full of scar tissue. When surgery was done, the doctor told Allan that there was good and bad news. The good news is that I do not have endometriosis, the bad news is that I had a partial hysterectomy (my right ovary and falopian tube removed). The doctor said as long as my left sides work, we should be able to have more children. I am concerned since my left side is where I have had several cysts.

So what was thought to be a simple procedure turned out to be a bit more. I was off of work for a week. I returned to work this past Monday. It am still very tired and weak. But I have a great support team at home. Allan and Aidan have been a great help. Dylan has also been real good with playing with Aidan, but he always is. Mom was home this week so that helped out with me returning to work. Thanks to everyone for there help and calls to make me feel better.

No comments: